Sunday, May 24, 2009

Some pictures/updates






Well Leighton left the hospital weighing 6lbs 7oz, she was "slightly jaundiced" meaning she was yellow but the levels weren't high enough for home health. By Friday we were worried about her coloring as her whites of her eyes were yellowing and the yellow was spreading down. I was also worried about her weight as I wasn't quite sure I was doing the breastfeeding thing right. We took her in and she had gained 5oz! She was up to 6lbs 12oz which made me feel soooo good! They were concerned with her color and did the heal stick for billirubin levels. They called yesterday to tell us her level was 18! They like it to be at or close to 10 so home health came out and put up her billibox. It was sad but she seems to like it which makes it easier for me AND I have to put her in it so I have to put her down which meant yesterday I actually rested. I am putting up some pictures of her in her box. She has to stay in it as much as possible, only getting out for feedings (which she is doing wonderfully with every 2 hours on the dot), and diaper changes. She really is doing well with it. They estimated she'd be on it through Tuesday but they'll come out daily to check her weight and levels so say a prayer for us.

Yesterday, she also got her first at home sponge bath. Michael and I laughed at how curly her hair is! As soon as she got out and I dried it her little hair just curled right up. It is SO cute!

Last night, Kodi, Kaci, Laney, and Mason came by to see us. We were so happy to see them. I could not believe how big they have gotten this week! I loved on Mason until I hurt, LOL..he's a squirmy BIG guy! He seems huge after holding tiny little Leighton all week! Laney is beautiful as always and ate up a storm last night! It was soo good to see them and Kodi and Kaci too! We finally got Leighton out so she could meet her friends. I couldn't believe how tiny she looked next to Laney or how yellow! I cannot wait to watch them grow up together. Mason has already seen his girlfriend topless and neither dad was excited about that! LOL! It was fun though.

Mimi is going home today and we're going to miss her. SHe has been so much help to me especially with the boys. Its been hard for me to not be able to do much with either of them but sit. She has kept them entertained and been a big help with Leighton and doing household things. Thanks mimi!!!

Friday, Aunt Tammy, Gracelyn, Brittany, and Landon AND Nana and popo are coming to visit! Nana already got to meet Leighton in the hospital and she was here to save the day at Leighton's birth. I don't know what we would have done without Kodi, Kaci, Nana, and Mimi this week!

No comments: